Sunday, March 25, 2012

Since the first of the year

Here are some of our highlights from 2012.  


Yummy costco pizza.  
Okay, maybe a lame highlight, but he's just cute covered in sauce.


Spencer's been working each week to earn 4 quarters. He gets a quarter for good behavior or for doing something without being asked or things like that.  He gets his dollar at the end of the week and he can decide what he wants to do with it: save it, spend it at the dollar store, or spend it on a little treat.  It's worked out really well.  He has started to ask for things more lately when we are out shopping and it's nice to be able to ask him if he has any dollars.  If not, then "I guess you'll have to save up your dollars..." 
He also has been able to pay tithing a few times (money that we donate to church, 10% of your income.)  So he gives a dime in an envelope and walks it up to the bishop.  It's adorable.


I know this one is blurry, but he had just woken up and looked so much like Gordon it was a little freaky. 


A new wonderful discovery: olives (one of his favorite things) can fit on my fingers!  saweeeet!


Classic little boy pose. 


Pretzles also fit on my fingers. 
Neat-o. 


We are still doing our co-op preschool and he is loving it!  Runs in the door and has a great time.  "I'll see you when I'm done, Mom."


Spencer and I went down to Southern California for a week while Gordon was in China about a month ago and we were there over Valentine's Day.  Boo.  But, Gordon arranged for flowers and chocolates to come.  He called on V Day and apologized because he had tried to get it there on the 14th and the deliveries were all booked.  So we celebrated on the 15th.  It was great, and a fun surprise!  We had gone out to dinner before he left so I wasn't expecting anything.  What a sweet, sweet man. :)


Also in Southern California.  We went to the LA zoo with some friends and had to take a picture.  
We were in China RIGHT when Daddy was!


Spencer was showing me the right way to walk.  Cutie.


First time bowling.  
Total success.  
I think the cutest part about it was the shoes. 


3 comments:

Becky said...

I almost cried on the China picture. So sweet!

Becky said...

I almost cried on the China picture. So sweet!

Becky said...

sorry that came through twice. Just so you're not toally disappointed that you're comments are all from your lame sister, I'll tell you something cool: I am doing the summer of skirts. I know. Coolest thing ever.