Monday, March 28, 2011

Super - yuck


Last night we watched Supersize Me on Netflix and it was actually really interesting.  I'm sure most of you have already seen it or at least heard of it, but we are a little behind the times as far as movies go.

I wasn't expecting much.  I figured I would be disgusted by the food making process, and I was, but it was also very interesting to see how controlled the experiment was.  I was impressed that he had a team of doctors that were constantly monitoring his progress (or lack of) and I thought it was pretty amuzing that his girlfriend was a vegan chef.  It was also interesting to see how directly the food he ate affected his mood.  He became very depressed and unmotivated throughout the month and only when he was eating his fast food did his positive feelings return.  

Looks like your diet really does affect how you feel AND how healthy your body is.  Coolio.

In summary, all I have to say is ...

1) Will I ever let Spencer eat McDonald's again?  Of course.

2) Will it be very often?  No.  But, it wasn't very often to start out with. 

3) Will I let him order the chicken nuggets?  No way.



4 comments:

Greg and Sariah said...

Greg and I watched that 6 years ago...yes you are behind the times Chrissy...haha, but anyway, afterwards I was disgusted and Greg was craving McDonald's.

Sad to say, we ate there for lunch today with friends....safe to say, my kids didn't even eat half of it. That makes me feel good. My homemade food is better.

Jen said...

I haven't seen that one - now I want to (I think)! I know for sure that certain foods affect my mood. I have to avoid wheat or it's bad for everyone around me. Our 8-year-old is the same way.

jon said...

Oh my gosh! I totally thought you had seen that. We didn't eat McDonalds for almost a year after that. I was so so so grossed out. I wanted to go out and tell everyone how sad and disgusting it was. So gross.

jon said...

Ugg...that was me, Becky.