After about a month at Apple, Gordon headed to China to check on a few factories and the production over there. A few days before he left, my (Chrissy's) grandfather passed away, so he flew off to China and we headed home to Missouri.
We hung around for a few days with these cute girls (and their little sister who somehow avoided my camera) and then took off for a 7 (turned into 10) hour drive to Illinois for Grandpa's memorial service. Two momma's, three children, one truck, 7 hours, 1 side of the road pit stop, 1 pee in a cup to keep kids asleep ... need I say more?
It actually was a really fun time.
After we returned from IL, we stayed for a few weeks with Grandma and Grandpa. Thanks for letting us stay for so long! We had such a great visit and Spencer really felt comfortable at their house. And, I think he ate all of their fruit.
Mom and Dad drove us to see the temple site. (An LDS temple is being built about 10 minutes from my parent's home. The closest current temple is in St. Louis ... about a four hour drive.) I thought they were still working on the foundation, so I was REALLY surprised to see it looking SO great! It's going to be (and already is) a beautiful building.
We played with cousins ...
This particular cousin shoved her roll in her face when I asked to take her picture. Silly kid. But, even so you can tell how cute she is. :)
Everyone came for a Sunday dinner, minus Mike and Anne's family who were all sick and she was due in about ... two days. See below.
Yay! I got to meet Carter! He was born on Wednesday afternoon and we were able to go and visit for a few minutes that night. He is SO cute and tiny and adorable and I'm so glad we got to meet him!
Spencer and Papa became close buds. They had quite a few dance sessions while the music played on his new Buzz Lightyear drum that aunt Becky found for him. It's definitely a new favorite and he has one song on there that he LOVES to dance to. Apparently, Papa loved it too. :)
I had a little bout with vertigo while we were in MO, so just to keep me and Spence save on our travel home, Gordon flew all the way from Hong Kong to San Francisco and THEN to Missouri in one (maybe two ... with the time change) days. We were SO happy to see him and have him back in the same country again.
Spencer did not want to pose for a picture, so we bribed him with bubbles to at least get him in a shot with both grandpa and grandma.
And now we're home again. All is well.














3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. :( It sounds like you were able to spend some good time with your family though.... What an adventurous month for you guys! I hope that bouts with vertigo have stopped... I have a coworker who's struggled with that and I hear it is not pleasant!
I love looking at your pictures :)
Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's good that you were able to go home not too long ago to see him. I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you!
Post a Comment