Wednesday, March 04, 2009

This is my day ...

MY BLESSING DAY!!!

MARCH 1, 2009
SKYCREST BUILDING
BLESSED BY: MY DADDY

Getting dressed in his cute outfit made by Grandma Thorne. Thanks Grandma. We love you!

This is our only family picture of the day. Gordon had to be to church early to get the papers ready and afterward had to stay and teach our Sunday School class, so we didn't get a family picture. We'll have to dress him up again and take one. :)


We were so happy to have so many people make the effort to be here for Spencer's blessing day. Aunt Elaine and Uncle Gerry came from Highland, CA and Aunt Joyce and Aunt Rosemary drove up from Long Beach. Thanks for coming!!! Spencer even fell asleep on Aunt Elaine after church. He was worn out and slept through his celebration lunch. :)


Mr. Handsome himself. Grandma made the outfit and Aunt Jenny made the matching blanket. It was adorable!!!


Mommy and Spencer after church.



This is one of our favorites. It just shows his sweet, little relaxed personality.


After we dressed him, he fell back asleep and slept through church up until his blessing. He woke up as I passed him to Gordon. His eyes were open during the blessing, but he just sat quietly and listened like a good boy. :) It was a beautiful blessing and Grandma got it all down with her amazing shorthand. Thanks, Grandma!

When Gordon came back to the bench with him, he just looked up at Gordon for about three minutes like he was saying, "Thanks Dad!" It was so sweet.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Spencer looks darling. I'm glad that he's not in all white. My boys didn't wear all white and some people made negative comments about it. I think that blue shirt is darling!

The Goodrich's said...

Wow - he really looks a lot like his daddy. SO cute!!

Jess said...

How fun - he and David were blessed on the same day! His little outfit is so cute! What a sweet boy.

katieo said...

oh my goodness Chrissy. He looks EXACTLY LIKE GORDON.

(and cute blessing outfit!)

jon said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment. He looks so absolutely adorable. I LOVE the picture of you holding him in his blessing outfit. That is one he will want to have forever. It is so sweet.
And ditto. That kid is a dead ringer for Gordo. Holy cow.
I miss you guys! I wish I could be there and hold him and hang out with you SOOO much! Did you know Jenny is going to see Kathy this week? I wish I could hop on a plane and come visit you guys!!!
Love you!

Becky said...

Uh, that last comment was not Jon. It was me, Becky Marie. I didn't realize he was the one logged on...although I'm sure he wishes he could hop on a plane too and I'm sure he'd say something sweet about how precious the picture is, ehhh, right.