I found this on my friend, Kiersten's blog. I thought it was a fun idea.
So, fill out a memory if you'd like, I'm excited to see what everyone remembers.
(These can be memories for Gordon or Chrissy or both...whatever floats your boat.)
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Some of my favorite Gordon memories:
Driving back from Cleveland in 2001. The idea was to have a nice relaxing drive, going to a few baseball games and getting back in time for the first BYU game of the year. Reality was a blown transmission in Macomb, IL and having to complete the trip in an empty Ryder truck towing the dead Taurus and driving from Nauvoo to Colorado in one day.
Another memory is the trip to Island Park, ID. Isn't that the trip where it all began with you guys?
Some favorite roommate moments are Gordon's famous hibernations on the living room floor every Saturday and Sundy, Slurpee and Nacho runs to the 7-11 with our mugs, and all of the fireworks displays including the microwave.
I remember running the provo river half marathon with you! It was such a good run. I was so proud of us! I also remember that math class at BYU that was super hard. I honestly wouldn't have made it through without you!
I remember when your parents brought you out to BYU-Idaho and Becky and I helped you carry your stuff to your dorm room and then we went to my parents house. Do you remember that? :)
I remember when Gordon's family visited us one summer like 23 years ago and we went to a waterpark. The next day we headed up to the mountains.
When I visited them in Chicago in '93, I remember thinking he was really cool. We were going to run somewhere, and he begged his parents to borrow his dad's car, but that wasn't an option.
I also remember a family reunion where he played the bongos. He "accompanied" Wray reciting something. It was so funny - especially when they stopped at the same time.
Carrots at band contest. Enough said. :o) But there are so many more memories! Chrissy, I miss you lots.
I remember the Dix family coming to see us a few times. Once was over Halloween. That would have been about 22 years ago. Not wearing jackets was a new concept to them. Another time, like Jen said we went to the water park. Uncle Bob embarrassed Kathryn when the deacon's quorem from our ward pulled up next to us and Uncle Bob rolled down his window and started asking "questions". That weekend, we drove up to Flagstaff with you and held church in your tent. It was nice to see you pass the sacrament. My other favorite memory is seeing you with all of your cousins children. You were the one everyone wanted to be around. We all knew you were going to be a great DAD!
Chrissy, first of all i have SO many fun memories with you...my favorite memory with us is that night you stayed over when my parents were out of town. We made guacamole, ate almost a whole thing of bunny tracks, and drank lots of bawls. we stayed up until like 5/6 in the morning. we were so tired. then of course my sisters came stopming on the floor, so of course we had to jump on the bed and hit the cieling to let 'em know to hush it! :)
i also loved it when the 2 of us went to utah to visit your sister at college... and then when we drove to utah together...ahh so many fun memories. :)
Chrissy - I have two favorite memories of you:
1. Playing Text Twist in our basement in CO and you coming up with some 'interesting' words - we were SO slap happy that night.
2. I hadn't really known you for very long and we were eating dinner at Taylor and Steph's house when they lived in Molly's basement. All of a sudden you looked down at your shirt and said, 'Oh, I got some potato on my boob'. It was the last thing I expected you to say, but I thought it was hilarious!
3. OK, I have a third. I couldn't leave out the canoe trip! That was full of fun memories: 'You guys want some root beer?', almost dying in the monsoon that cracked the canoe, and that night you woke up in the middle of the night thinking there were murderers or something outside the tent, but really it was just the people next to us and their loud trucks. (I'm cracking up as I'm thinking about all these funny stories)
Gordon - I have a ton of fun memories of you, but here are a few that I thought of:
1. In Woodridge, going with you to feed the Graham's dog (I think it was a weiner dog?) and I loved it when you got him to roll over for treats.
2. When you got your wisdom teeth out before your mission, I remember your mouth was still REALLY numb when you came home and you were drooling everywhere and had to carry a rag with you.
3. Taking the stained glass class together at BYU - remember how our teacher thought we were married? I looked forward to that class every week.
4. And of course who can get forget all the late game nights?!
I thought of another one for Gordon...this past Christmas, going grocery shopping and - how should I put this - being VERY excited to find flour on sale. Need I say more?
Todd remembers Gordon typing papers for him since he couldn't type very fast.
The first time Todd met Gordon and Gordon wondering who the heck the guy was watching their TV.
The first fish Gordon ever caught on his fly rod that was "at the most three inches long" according to Todd and how excited Gordon was.
Meeting Chrissy and thinking that Gordon couldn't have found anyone more perfect for him.
The night Gordon proposed to Chrissy in the Bell Tower and a few of us were watching from down below and being eaten ALIVE by giant mosquitos...
A few others: meteor showers, microves blowing up, bottle rockets, walking up to the apartment at Chatsworth and the windows shaking in every building from Gordon's new sub.
Sunday game nights with you guys while we monkey poo'd, Todd and me having a huge fight in your apartment while playing Sequence, us calling you at about midnight the night before we moved to Louisville needing a place to spend the night. You let us sleep in your bed while you guys slept on the fouton...
Awwww. We miss you guys! BTW Chrissy- you are looking so cute as a little pregnant person :)
Oh- and one more. The interesting conversations we had after you guys got married..you know, the personal kinds of conversations about how things work and names and....well, if you don't remember then it is probably better that way ;)
HEY GUYS WE WERE SO EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU ON OUR BLOG.
Sorry we invited you guys as readers but, for some reason we never got a response. Alot of people said they never got the invite.
Thanks to good ole steph she was able to help us get it set to where i can still control commenting.
We were just tired of getting random comments from total strangers, especially with chloe almost here.
I was really freaked out.
So we are so happy again to hear from you guys.
Chrissy you look really cute pregnant!!!:)
Post a Comment