Monday, February 18, 2008

More Lovey Love

Gordon and I are trying to be very frugal and so we decided not to do Valentine's Day gifts this year. We had dinner at home and then went out to Macaroni Grill and used a gift certificate to get some chocolate cake. Yum! But, being the cute boy he is, he got me a card and some candy.


He knows that I LOVE Sleepless in Seattle, and he got me this music card that has the song inside and the building all lit up like on the movie when she looks out the window. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? It's cute.


And of course, some yummy treats. We celebrated the day after V-Day since he had to go to work on Friday, we figured it'd be more fun to celebrate Friday night and then sleep in on Saturday. So, he went to the store after work on Friday and they had NO Valentine's Day candy left. He was thinking they'd probably have it all on discount so he could get a bunch for cheap, but it was all put away and so I got some Easter wrapped candy. Hey, candy is candy to me. I've already thrown it in the freezer and I ate some of them last night. Yum. I love frozen chocolate, but not frozen Twizzlers.


The cute little Cupid.


Sam and Lucy's Valentine's Day card. How sweet.


Okay, so I decided to do little clues for Gordon to find after he got home from work. He came in the door and I had to have him leave and wait a few minutes and come back so that I could make sure it was all ready for him. Hey, it still worked. :)




He followed all of the clues and what was at the end?














His Valentine. Aww.....


I took the camera in with me to my hiding spot so I could snap a picture when he found me. He was a happy boy. My Valentine present to him was the dinner I made. To see it, click here. It's one of his favorites and makes lots of leftovers, so I didn't have to cook ALL weekend! Score.

5 comments:

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

What a fun idea! Treasure hunts are the best. I am glad you had a great Valentine's.

Aaron and Melissa said...

You're so fun! You do the cutest things!!

Todd and Meagan said...

You two are the perfect example of how to keep the love alive with such simple little things! You always have the best ideas :) It is funny you mentioned the song on Sleepless in Seattle because we just watched it on Sunday. I love that movie.

Tiff said...

CCCCYYYYYYYYUUUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!

katieo said...

Oh my gosh. Those last two pictures had me laughing so hard!