Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In the night ...

Okay, so this morning I told Gordon what happened last night and he said I had to blog about it. So, here it is. If you're sick of our night time stories, feel free to skip this post. :)

Here it goes:

I woke up at about 12:30 am and was freaking out because of a bad dream. (I won't go into specifics because I get scared easily, but it had to do with getting lost in the snow, having to ski my way off of huge cliffs, and then to escape I had to throw-up the newspaper articles that would tell me who was trying to get me...crazy.)

So, I woke up Gordon to have him say a prayer for me that I could relax and fall back asleep. Now, sometimes this works. Sometimes it doesn't. Last night? Not so much.

"Gordon, Gordon, Gordon" (increasingly louder with each repetition)

"What?"

"Will you say a prayer for me? I had a bad nightmare."

"Oh, sure." He rolls over onto his stomach, folds under his pillow and lays back down on it.

(Um....what is he doing?)

"Gordon...will you say a prayer for me?"

(Gibberish from Gordon...not forming any real words.)

"Gordon, you're not making any sense, you're still sleeping. Will you wake up and pray for me?" (Still said in a fairly nice tone at this point.)

"Chrissy, I'm fine. I'm totally awake. I'm just using a wedge to solve the linear equation like Tyler does. It's fine."

(What the HECK?!?!)

"Gordon, you're not making any sense. "

(He repeats his last statement about the wedge and Tyler.)

"Gordon, you just said that you're using a wedge to solve an equation ..."

"Yeah, I know!" (Like I'm the biggest idiot in the world.)

"Like Tyler does..."

"Oh, okay. Well, so it's not like Tyler. Maybe I am a little sleepy."

(I continue to laugh at him, hey...at least he's distracting me from thinking about the dream.)

"Gordon, will you PLEASE say a prayer!?! You're still making no sense."

"Argh...fine." (And I hope this is not blasphemous, but you have to hear what he says.)

"Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless Chrissy to get her emotions under control and to be able to fall back asleep."


WHAT? Get MY emotions under control? That little ... But, then I realized he was totally asleep still. I reassured myself by remembering that he's never mean like that in real-life, so I guess it just has to come out in the night sometimes.

I asked him about this in the morning before I told him the story and all he remembers is getting up and checking to make sure the front door was locked for me.

Hilarious or what?

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry Chrissy. I would have said a prayer for you...

Mrs. Sew-n-Sew said...

Oh boy, Chrissy you are sure patient. One thing that really helped Gordon wake up as a kid was "magic wake up water" (self explanatory). You may want to try it when you REALLY want him awake!

Sarah said...

You know Chrissy- maybe it is those born on August 5th. Jonathan is such a heavy sleeper. I am glad with the brother Taylor is to him at night. (lights on, closet door slamming...)

Lindsay said...

That's a really funny story. Apparently, Trevor claims I say really random things in the middle of the night as well, but I never remember doing it. I would rather say random things than sleep walk, though.

Stephanie said...

Who would ever get tired of your night stories??

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

So did you getting your emotions under control? :) Jason talks in his sleep, but it isn't quite like that!

Chris and Jenna said...

Your nighttime stories are so funny! Please keep posting them...They're always good for a laugh.

Jen said...

It is a good thing you record these. One day you could publish a book with these... Your posterity will love it! Most of us only get to have adventures during the daytime...

Mrs. Horton said...

It's hilarious how many funny things happen to you guys at night. Gordon must subconsciously want to be a stand-up comedian or something.

Steve and Katrina said...

You need to keep a video camera by the bed and record one of these incidents.

Steve

Taylor said...

Hilarious.

Jen said...

That is hilarious. That was a great story. Thanks for the laugh.

GordonandChrissy said...

I love the video camera idea. That would be awesome, and SUPER embarrassing for the G man. Haha.