Today, the school district has a day off of school for Parent/Teacher Conferences. So, I decided to get some things done around the house that I'd been wanting to do. I had a candle that was just a tall, pillar candle and I kept wondering if I could make two smaller candles out of it because I had some candle stands I had been wanting to put out. Well, just in case you were wondering...
The best way to cut a candle in half is not by using your bread knife. It will work for a short time, and feel like you're making progress, but it ends up just getting sticky and gooey on the blade and not cutting at all. Plus, the knife gets really hot. So...
I went down to the garage to peruse through Gordon's tools...figuring he'd have some kind of saw or something down there. Sure enough...he did! This actually worked quite well, except the blade is rather rough so the cut was not too smooth. Oh, and there are little messy pieces of wax all over the candles.


4 comments:
This was pretty funny but you do what you have to do! How hard was it to clean the wax off the knife and saw?
Oops, I just saw your comment today. But, I just scrubbed and scrubbed...Gordon wasn't even mad about the saw. phew! He said candle wax won't dull them, so all is well. :)
hi guys,
i had no idea about whole blog website it is petty cool
i love it ..it makes me feel as though you guys are not so far away.... i think i'll join the crowd so you the rest of the family can be up to date with wray and i ..
this is awesome... well we will be in touch for sure
keep on having fun guys ..we want to come visit soon
Just so you know, when I scrolled down and saw the picture of the knife in the sink, it looked like some bloody knife from a crime scene or something. Are you sure there isn't something fishy going on here?
Post a Comment