Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Erasing bad memories

So, I usually don't post about items in the news, but I was reading from the Drudge Report link Gordon has here on the computer and I saw this article on erasing traumatic memories. They're saying that they're starting to discover that certain drugs may be able to erase negative memories from the brain when combined with therapy. The psychiatrist has the person talk about their memories and then as they are brought up in their mind again, combines it with some of these drugs to delete the bad memories. They mentioned using it on people coming home from Iraq. It said that 1 in 8 soldiers returning home suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. It's a pretty interesting article. You should check it out. I don't know how to make a link for you to click on...but if you go to www.drudgereport.com and click on the article, it's pretty good. At the end, they bring up a good point, though. Who is going to decide what is traumatic enough? Food for thought.

3 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

How is the new job going?

GordonandChrissy said...

It's going really well! They keep me busy, so the time goes by really fast. Everyone's been very nice, so that makes it more fun, too. And...I've officially survived a week! :)

Jon and Becky said...

Do you think it would work well enough to erase that whole Buster memory from my mind?