Friday, March 09, 2007

JOB SEARCH

So, most people don't know, but I've been looking for another job lately. I've enjoyed substitute teaching for the most part, but the day-to-day schedule is a little obnoxious. Not knowing whether or not I have a job until that morning can get a little frustrating. Some of the classes that I have taught for have been great. Others have been not so great, and hard to handle.

Anyhow, I decided to start looking for something else that was a little more regular in schedule, and that had a relaxed working environment that did not require me to take any work home with me.

On Wednesday, I was looking at a local job website for Santa Clarita, and found a listing for a general office/receptionist position. The job description sounded pretty good and when I saw that the company was AMT, I realized that we had met the owner of this company last weekend. He's a member of our church and we sang in the same choir with him. He owns an audio/visual company... so he and Gordon immediately hit it off. :) He's been in the Audio industry for quite a while, and seemed like a really nice guy.

To make a long story short...I applied for the job and went in for an interview yesterday morning. They seemed very positive and the office was very low key and laid back, with only about 25 employees in the whole company. I really liked everyone that I met, so I hoped that it would work out. The told me they were interviewing two more people this morning and that they'd give me a call this afternoon when they made their decision.

Well, I just got the call and ... I GOT THE JOB!!!

I'm really excited and I start next Friday!

HOORAY!!!

p.s. If you're interested...their website is www.amtsystemsinc.com

5 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

That is exciting! Congrats!

GordonandChrissy said...

Thanks! I'm so excited to have a REAL job again. :)

Stephanie said...

Yay for Chrissy!! I know how miserable a job search can be, so I'm really happy you found one quickly and one that you think you'll like so much. Go get 'em girl!

GordonandChrissy said...

Ugh, no kidding! Looking for jobs can STINK! But, I'm glad it's over too. How's your job going? Are you guys liking the hours?

Steve and Katrina said...

Congrats on the job! I am impressed that you went out looking for one. In Utah Steve had to force me to get a job:) Oh, and I love the painted walls. I can't wait until we can paint. In just over a year hopefully we will be painting our very first house!