My parents came out for a visit this past week. They were our first family visitors to stay with us for more than just a few days, it was a blast! We enjoyed playing lots of games and hanging out with them. On Sunday, Mom helped me with a Thanksgiving "trial run" dinner. Gordon and I are going to do our own dinner this year for the first time, so we figured it'd be good to give it a shot first with an expert close by. Plus, who doesn't love Thanksgiving food?
Yeah, I did that... with my mom's help.
Gordon went a little crazy at first when we told him he could carve the turkey.
Dad telling him how it's done. haha. They had actually already gone through all of this, but I missed the moment for a picture, so I made them re-enact it. Nicely done, eh?
Up-close of the turkey. Yummm, it was SO good!
A picture of the spread including: turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, stuffing, bread, green beans, and gravy. For dessert we had a jello salad, but it was still in the fridge. We ate lots and lots and then we all took a long nap. It was great. :)

6 comments:
Looks delicious!! Are you guys going to be all by yourself for thanksgiving? We were planning on being by ourselves but it turns out Steve's parents are going to come for a few days. Hopefully I'm not in the hospital though! It's always nice to have family around, I bet it was so nice for you to have your parents visit. Why aren't you working at JoAnns anymore?
Yep, we're going solo this year. We're kind of excited to give it a try by ourselves, we'll see how it goes. :) It was great to have them come and visit, and have them see the area etc. I quit JoAnns because I'm starting to substitute this week. All of the paperwork finally is through and I'm good to go! I'm actually pretty relieved to be done with JoAnn's...some of the people were not too fun to work with.
I can't believe you're so close to having your baby! Are you getting nervous/excited? Or does it seem real yet?
Admit it. You guys have started secretly holding covert auditions to decide which family members are going to stand on the stage with you on Deal or No Deal!
Okay, okay ... you got us. So when are you guys coming out to fix us dinner? haha
hay chriss and gordon its nate was up cool turkey picks lol
Thanks Nate! How are ya?
Post a Comment