This kid just gets cuter every day.
He started crawling on 11/12/13. Easy to remember, right?
He started off slow, but quickly he became an expert. He prefers the army crawl method right now, it seems to get him around more quickly.
He is very curious, just like his brother was at this age, although he seems to listen a little better. If we say "no" he sometimes re-routes himself. :)
I got new curtains! This isn't a great picture of them, but I love them.
I found them at World Market when we were visiting family in MO. I wanted to get them when we came back home, but mulled over the decision for about 4 months before taking the plunge. So glad I did!
Gordon makes fun of me for taking pictures of scenery when I walk in the mornings, but I still am in awe of the colors of Fall. It isn't as amazingly bright as in the Midwest and on the East coast, but we still enjoy some pretty nice colors.
We may be lacking in the color department, but who can complain about being able to go to a birthday party OUTSIDE in November. And wearing shorts and a t-shirt nonetheless!
Spencer attended his buddy's party a few weekends ago and had a great time.
We discovered this month that Daniel loves Bubble Guppies. You can't see the screen, but he is glued to it! I had the news on one morning and he was playing with his toys while I made breakfast. The DVR clicked in and switched to Bubble Guppies and all of the sudden he laid still and just watched. So cute.
This month we enjoyed snuggling our boys.
Sometimes while tickling and giggling ...
Sometimes when they were conked out ...
Lately, Daniel LOVES being rocked to sleep by Gordon. Up until now, we have just snuggled him and sang to him and then laid him down to get himself to sleep. But, a few weeks ago he wash't feeling good (teeth) and Gordon tried rocking him and he just crashed! Now, whenever Gordon is home he takes the chance to rock him to sleep. There's nothing better than a sweet baby sleeping on your chest.
However -- might I add, that Daniel will NOT fall asleep on me. I have tried this method and he just pushes back and plays. It's just a special Daddy cuddle. :)
We found the game "Connect Four" on sale at Target and we have been having fun playing over and over!
Last week, we celebrated Spencer's fifth birthday. I cannot believe he is five. That seems like such a big kid! His birthday is actually in December, but we figured we would celebrate early so that all of his friends would be in town and able to attend. He wanted a bug party. When I asked him what we should do he said, "Let's play in the front yard and collect bugs!" So, we did.
Spencer had a blast loading up all of the goodie bags for the kids. We planned on having 6-8 kids and somehow that turned into 12!
We found these cute little bug jars for each kid to decorate and take outside. They have a built in magnifying glass in the lid and little air holes for the bugs. (safety first)
He sat here for about 20 minutes before the party started, just waiting for everyone to come. He was soooo excited!!!
After they decorated their jars, the kids went out to the backyard to find some bugs. We got a jar of about 100 ladybugs at OSH (it's only $7, just FYI) and released the ladybugs. Some of the kids wanted us to just put some in their jar and others were all about catching their own. It was a blast!
Next the kiddos came inside for worm races (sleeping bag races) down the hallway. It was insane.
On to craft time! The kids each made their own bug using pipe cleaners, plastic eyes, foam shapes, stickers, markers, etc. And then we served a delicious dinner of snail rolls. (tortillas rolled up with cheese and turkey where the ends look like snail shells)
After dinner it was piñata time and then onto the cupcakes and presents.
It was such a fun party, thank you to all of our buddies who came!
Spencer's buddy, Jack, gave him these jammies and he has his own pair too. He wants him to come over for a jammie and movie night, how cute is that?!
Daniel has started to love the xylophone. :)
A percussionist in the making. I can feel it!!
And over a week later, we are still finding ladybugs all over the yard. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!





























2 comments:
Ladybugs everywhere, crazy!
I would have paid good money to watch that worm race. What a fun idea!
Wow what fun ideas for a party! My first thought when I heard "bug" was GROSS how will I ever be able to mother a little boy?! But it seems like you approached it in a really cute, fun, non-gross way. I'll probably be referencing back to posts like this in a few years. ;)
Also, super cute that Daniel likes to fall asleep on his daddy. I bet that makes Gordon's day!
Post a Comment