Halloween has come and gone, but we have had Daddy home from work the past two weeks so we have been busy having fun. (Another post to come)
So, better late than never!
Our cute little race car driver, below ….
Spencer's little buddy has a birthday in October and she had a Halloween themed party. It was seriously, the cutest kids party I have been to. And people out here do really cute parties. I'm not sure why it was so fantastic, exactly - it wasn't overly extravagant, but her grandpa is a musician and played awesome and fun kids music on the piano the whole time and it just felt like a hoppin' party the whole time. I loved it. And the kids did, too.
We didn't get many pictures of Daniel in his Nemo costume, so this will have to do. He didn't love the hat (it was a little snug) but he actually really liked the costume. He was totally calm and content the whole night at our church party. I think it was pretty comfy.
The church did a chili cook off and then a bunch of games afterward for the kids to play. They were set up all around the gymnasium and the kids had a blast.
They kind of had a good time.
And we told them they can't date until they're 25. ha.
Although, Spencer reminds me frequently that he is marrying Hazel. M is just his good friend. :)
Hang in there, Hazel!!
I dressed up (kind of --- we went to Goodwill and found something last minute) as the little boy from "Up". I needed some balloons tied to me and a backpack, but we tried.
Gordon put on a pair of fairy wings and went as the tooth fairy. It was pretty funny. How do I not have pictures of that!?
Pumpkin carving and the results above.
Spencer, Chrissy and Gordon (left to right)
Spencer drew out his idea and then we carved it out.
Random stop at Home Depot a few weeks ago led us to this awesome board.
We are so cute.
Yay, Jelly Bean Factory!!!
Daddy used his last 2 weeks of paternity leave (so awesome!) and one of the days we went to the Jelly Belly factory just north of us and took along our buddy. These kids were awesome and had so much fun. Even despite a pretty huge knock on the head for Spencer. He tripped and fell into a little car ride there. Ouch.
Halloween celebration at school!!
And finally … the REAL Halloween!!!
It felt like we had already celebrated since he had worn his costume so many times already, but the kids had a blast trick or treating in the neighborhood. We had soups and yummy things to eat before and then we all set out to beg for candy. And our neighbors did NOT disappoint. We have SOOO much.
The night before Halloween I was tucking Spence into bed and we were chatting about how excited we were for Halloween. He said, "yeah, and we get to get candy, right?"
"Right. So fun, huh?"
"Yep! And then I'll bring it home and we can all share it!'
Ha. He knows how it goes down around here!
Happy Halloween!!!













2 comments:
Back off Maddie! J/K They've always had a love thing going. The long distance is working well for Hazel's prospects with Spencer, I think.
I soooo wish you had a picture of Gordon the Tooth Fairy! How funny. He's such a good sport.
And I'm pretty jealous looking at those pics of trick-or-treating, all the kids in just their costumes, no jackets or anything. Hazel was so mad she had to bundle up, even though I warned her of it from the get-go. We were freezing by the time we got home. You guys look like it was perfect out there.
I'm seriously bummed there's no photographic evidence of Gordon as the tooth fairy! I bet that was funny. :) Really love the rest of your costumes though! Seems like you guys had a ton of fun at all the parties and other festivities you went to. Halloween and all holidays really are so much more fun when you have children to share it with! I love seeing their joy!
Post a Comment