Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy Birthday, to me and a visit from our FRIENDS!!!


Spencer is really loving to play "Jet Pack" lately on the ipad.  He doesn't get to play super often, but he is always SO excited when he does. 
I think the excitement mostly stems from the fact that you earn points when you play and you can redeem your points, or coins, for different items to add to your person (bouncy shoes, a cool jacket, etc).  Spencer LOVES spending money lately and this virtual money is pretty easy to earn!

We have started having Spencer do chores during the week.  If he gets all of his chore boxes checked off, then he gets his allowance on Saturday.  If he misses one box, his allowance is cut in half, and if he misses more than one - it's gone.  It's been good motivation for him!  He's always been a helpful kid, but he's been really good about his chores!  We have been doing it for about 6 months now, and he's really getting the hang of saving/tithing and spending money.  He also is gaining patience to save his money for things he really wants.  "How many Saturdays will it take me to earn 20 dollars?" We hear questions like that a lot.  And just so you know ... it takes a LOT of Saturdays to earn 20 dollars around here.  :) 


We were out of town for our buddy, Jack's, birthday party at the bounce house.  So, we arranged a little play date "birthday party" for Jack on one of the free play days at the bounce house for the two boys.  When we checked in at the counter, Spencer told the kid the whole story.  He's very social, not at all shy like I was when I was a kid.  


I turned 29 at the end of August and it was a great birthday!  Our big trip back to CO and MO was supposed to be birthday presents for Gordon and I (we decided beforehand).  But, Spencer and Gordon went out to get supplies to make dinner for my birthday and came home with a new bench for our front porch!!!  I was so excited.  Spencer loves to play in the front yard, but I don't like him to be out there alone.  Now I don't have to sit on the front porch with Daniel to watch him play anymore!


Like I'm doing right here.  :) 
We took a quick photo before going out to dinner on the Saturday before my birthday.  It fell on a Sunday this year.  

Snuggling my baby (not so small anymore, but he'll always be my baby!) at Aqui.  One of my favorite places to eat out here.   


Another successful dental check up.  Man, I love our dentist.  They are so great with kids and FAST!
Plus, he gets to choose out of a treasure chest every time.  Not too bad of a deal for him.  :)




Snuggles on my bed in the morning.  Love it!



Our friend, Angie, and her two cute girls came for a quick weekend visit over Labor Day weekend.  It was SO great to see her and catch up and let the kids catch up as well.  She flew in Friday morning and we headed to the park where lots of her friends from around here were able to come and chat while the kids played.  Once Gordon was home from work, he took over and we took OFF!  She, Suzanne and I (along with the babies) stayed in a hotel nearby for two nights and enjoyed chatting, eating, walking with the babies and a quick, freezing pool visit!  It was such a blast to catch up.  Her husband is serving in Afghanistan right now and will be back in about 6 months.  She made her half way point and is amazing.  She is such a patient mother and great friend - love you, Angie!!!
Include her husband, Todd, in your prayers.  He is doing really well.  But, extra prayers are always appreciated.  :)


I'm pretty sure the kids didn't miss us a bit while we were gone.  Gordon took them to the park, filled up the pool in the backyard, did sprinkler time, did a McDonald's picnic on the front grass, movie night and crafts.  What a Dad.  Seriously.  I have the best husband ever.  And not just because he's great with kids, he's a great hubby too.  :) 









The pictures tell it all, right?  They had a blast.  
And they came to church with us on Sunday.  Spencer and Hazel held hands the whole way in and just loved being together the whole time.  :)


We took this picture at the hotel after the babies were out of the tub.  Gemma is only a few weeks younger than Daniel, but he's got a few pounds on her.  What can I say?  We make chunky babies around here - wouldn't have it any other way!!!


PS My handsome 4 year old started REAL preschool last week.  
Tear.  :(
Really, I miss him! 
But, it's been SO great and he just loves it.  
That'll be another post soon.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Your boys are getting so big and cuter by the day.

Angie said...

That visit was the best! Gordon really did an incredible job with the kiddos, and I loved our slow time at the hotel. So relaxing! Thanks for the kinds words and for asking for prayers for Todd. May the next six months zoom past!

Megan said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was so much fun! Glad to hear that Gordon and the boys spoiled you. :) And how awesome that he watched the big kids so you could have a little girls getaway. That sounds amazing!