Saturday, September 14, 2013

Daniel is 9 months?!? and other fun happenings


Seriously?  We have had this cutie for 9 months? 
It has FLOWN by.  
It felt like Spencer's first 9 months went a LOT slower.  Not necessarily in a bad way, but we are so much busier now with two than I was with Spencer.  I could just sit on the floor and play with him for an hour in the morning if I wanted to.  Now, WE sit on the floor and play with him - but we're usually playing something next to him - and now we have preschool and different activities.  I know it will just continue to get more and more busy - but Daniel's first year is flying.  Plus, he's just such a smiley, happy baby that he is very easy to enjoy and just have fun with! 


This is a random side note - but I LOVE our bread outlet store near us.  If you're in the area, there's an Orrowheat outlet in MV on Maude.  Awesome!  
I got 10 loaves of their yummy bread, some stew packets and tortillas for 18 bucks.  


We have discovered that sticking our thumb INSIDE the binky makes it nice to chew on and much less likely to fall out of our hands.  :) 


Happy baby!


Spencer and Gordon went to the Giant's baseball game last week and were out until about midnight.  The next day after preschool, Spencer crashed!  I had to wake him up after 2 hours so that he would go to sleep at night.  He hasn't taken a nap in probably 8 months.  I have to admit, it was kind of awesome to have a quiet house for 2 hours that day.  I got a nice nap, too!


This was right after Spencer woke up from said nap.  He was a little dazed, but he just LOVES holding and playing with Daniel.  He always asks me if he can sit with him or cuddle with him.  He is such a great big brother.  


Daniel is NINE months old!

Here are his stats:

Weight: 21 pounds 5 ounces
Height: 27 3/4
Head: 18 1/2 

Just to compare, check out Spencer at this age.  Click HERE.



Daniel is still not crawling. He loves to roll, so he will log roll across the room to get what he wants and he usually finds a way to get it!  He is pretty skilled that way.  :) 
He sits up and plays really well and he has 4 teeth.  The top left tooth broke through about a week ago and the one next to it just finished coming through the skin today.  He is a champ with teething.  He sometimes has a hard time falling asleep and I will go in and he's just chewing on his hand - but if he has a little Tylenol he's good to go.  That has got to hurt SO badly! 
He is still allergic to dairy (we saw blood in his poop at about 4 months, which is an indicator of that, they took me off dairy and now he's good!) so I'm still off dairy until he's a year old, but I'm getting used to it now and finding alternatives that I like.  His only issue now is pooping.  Man, that poor kid.  So, we are introducing solids slowly for him - making sure not to stop him up even more.  But, so far, so good.  He tried black beans today and loved them at dinner.  
Daniel is such a happy baby.  We just love him!


Enjoying some chill out time playing Jet Pack.



After school on Friday, I brought a picnic lunch for us and the boys and I walked over to the park behind his school.  It was so fun to be there with them.  Daniel napped all morning while Spence was in school so he was so happy to be out and loooved being pushed by Spencer.  We have a video of him just giggling and giggling!!!  






There is a local Kid to Kid consignment store that we love.  They put out their Halloween costumes today, so Spencer and I went out on a date to find a costume.  We tried on several, but settled on the race car driver.  Fine with me!  Super comfy and easy to trick - or - treat in and he loves it.  Plus it was $7.  Can't beat that.  We also found a cute little Nemo for Daniel.  :) 





Spencer got an official certificate at the Giant's game since it was his first one.  
I think it was the best night of his life.  
He got to ride the train up into the city with Daddy, eat hot dogs, ice cream AND cotton candy and stay out SUPER late.  He was just all smiles when they got home.  SO cute.  I think Gordon had just as much fun.  :) 

I'll post on the Giant's game (lots of cute pictures) and first day of preschool tomorrow.  

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, I can't believe Daniel is 9 months either! He is such a big boy! And looks like such a joy -- I love that he's all smiles in each of these pictures! Also, the Giants game with dad sounds like a little boy's dream evening. I can only imagine how much fun Spencer had with that!

Angie said...

I can't believe I never went to Kid to Kid! It sounds so fabulous. Right now Jack is pretty adamant about being Peter Pan for Halloween. I hope he sticks with that, so we can reuse Hazel's costume from last year. Hooray for that! Hazel changes her mind about what she wants to be three or four times a day. It's almost time to make her settle on one so I can start creating ...