Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cavity free and tee ball


Sitting on our "bug wall" having a snack. 
There's a little brick wall in the front of our house next to the sidewalk that has been deemed the "bug wall" by Spencer. 
Rules are: you only talk about bugs.


Spencer loves to "rest" with me in the afternoon while Daniel is sleeping. 
Sometimes it's a little more rest than others.   :)


"Come sit on the bug wall!"


Photography by Spencer. 
Feeding baby Daniel in the van while Daddy runs into the store for us.


Daniel's attempt at tummy time. 
He's not a big fan.


Spencer's photography again. 
He thought it was SOOO funny that he cut off my head.  


He also caught this priceless moment. 
No need to smell the bum, Chrissy, it's leaking out the front.
Yuck o.


Cheese-mo!
We just got a new wireless printer that you can print from any device. 
It rocks.
Gordon also figured out that since it's basically printing through an email address, he can surprise us and print things out from work. 
He printed out a message to Spencer. 
The first one was sweet: I LOVE SPENCER.
The second one was silly: SPENCER IS A STINKY MONKEY.
Spencer loved them both.  :)


Daniel at the dentist office.


Spencer at the dentist office.


They took some x-rays to check out his permanent teeth.  Everything is looking good!


Our co-op preschool took a field trip to the local recycling center. 
It was a bus tour and awesome!!!  Spencer was fascinated by all of the piles that things were sorted into.  Although, on the way there we passed the city dump - he said "Mom, I don't think we are in the right place." I guess the first glimpse of a real dump is not too impressive.  lol.




Spencer made me this game to play. 
You turn over all of the popsicle sticks and then you have to put them in order from 1 -10. 
He's such a smartie pants. 


                                         

Our happy boy. 


Grandma Dix used some stickers that Spencer gave her while they were here and made him a book.  Then she mailed it to him (along with some fruit snacks to enjoy while he read it).  He was SO excited. If you know Spencer, you know he LOVES getting mail. 


Quite the inquisitive mind, eh?


Tee ball started!!!!
This is our group of boys waiting at the Opening Ceremonies last night.
The mayor threw out the first pitch and then they introduced all of the teams.  Each kid had his name called over the big speaker and got to run across the field.  
If you're wondering ... yes, it was adorable!!!



Buddies on the same team!  Waiting for pictures this morning. 



There's our little tee ball player!  Love it!


The first game was this afternoon. 
It was awesome - the kids learned a ton and had a blast.  Spencer and Gordon went to the park afterward and kept throwing the ball. Spencer just goes and goes!  Daniel did NOT like this first game. I walked and walked with him in the stroller keeping him happy.  Luckily I could walk and still watch the game.  Hoping next time he's happier!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Warren's first team was the Tigers, too! Go Spencer!!

Becky said...

That is so so cute! It's weird, but when I see Daniel it's shocking. I'm so used to seeing Spencer's face and I think they look so different it doesn't seem like he's your kid. I really think I need to come visit so that he seems like he's really yours. Okay?

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, little kids playing tee ball is probably one of the cutest things ever! And I'm not even a sports fan! I always love your updates. I can't believe how big Daniel is getting already! Wasn't he just born? I mean, really. ;) It's a good thing Spencer has a little brother who will eventually be able to sit on the bug wall with him. I think I'd run out of things to say about bugs besides, "Icky!" and "Gross!" LOL