Sunday, May 06, 2012

Spencer's talk


A few weeks ago, Spencer gave his first talk in church.  
He had to stand up in front of all of the kids (8 and under) and talk about how Jesus helped him to choose the right.  
We practiced all week, and we made a picture sheet to remind him of the words he chose to say. 
It was adorable!
He talked really fast! (I'm not sure where he gets that ....) so here's a little translation. 




Jesus was a good man.
I am sure he shared his toys when he was little, so now that I am little I will share MY toys.
He helps me to listen to my teachers and even my mommy and daddy. (what's with the "even"?! ha)
Even when people were mean to him, he prayed for them. 
Jesus was a good example.
I love Jesus.


5 comments:

Megan said...

wow what a big primary room, he was brave to get up there, and he did such a good job!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! That was the best primary talk ever! He totally did it by himself! I love how you wrote that out for him. I'm totally going to do that for my girls. You are inspirational miss Chrissy.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I accidentally posted that last comment twice. Woops. But, then I read the post after this, which I somehow missed. Poor little guy. Did you find out what he's allergic to? Lucy started with that nighttime coughing and it just didn't go away. She wasn't allergic to anything so determined she has asthma. I don't know which is worse. I hope he outgrows whatever it is!

T and B said...

That was such a cute talk. Good job Spencer!