Spencer and I had the pleasure of having our good buddy, Jack, over to play one afternoon so his Mommy (8 1/2 months pregnant) could rest for a bit. They had a BLAST!
We played at the park and they searched for bugs. Jack squished one of them and then felt bad and said "torry, ant!" It was super cute.
Adding a little frozen yogurt to the night is always a plus.
We had a boys night at our house so Justin and Kelly could get out for a last date night before the c-section (which was yesterday - baby Caroline is beautiful! more posts to come with pictures of our visit to see her!)
We had a great time with these kids. We went out for pizza and Spencer and Jack got to pick out their marble sets at Toys R Us. Spencer earned his marble set by staying DRY in his UNDERWEAR for THREE days. Those letters are capitalized because we are ALLLLLL so excited to have a potty trained big boy at our house. He wasn't ready until about a week ago, but once he decided he was ready, he is awesome. He tells us whenever he needs to potty, hops in there, does his business and dumps it in the big toilet all on his own. We're so proud. :)
We're still working on #2. Sometimes he does it in the potty, and sometimes he'll come out and say "Can I please have a diaper!" We're hoping it's all in the potty soon, but hey - I'll take an occasional diaper over a poopy accident in underwear any day.
This is going back to while Daddy was in China.
During the weekdays, we could usually keep ourselves busy with play dates or other activities, but on the weekends - we sometimes got lonely.
This was on a Saturday late afternoon and Spencer and I had a movie date. I brought three bags of candy and cookies and I opened it up in the theater and he said, "We get to eat all of this!?"
Yes, buddy.
Unfortunately, he didn't have a nap that day and only made it through about half of "The Lorax."
But, it was cute and I enjoyed it. And afterward he talked about it and we came home and read the book.
I even treated my "date" to dinner.
He was thrilled.
I think. :)
After dinner, we tried to go to the library to check out some books and movies, but they close at six on Saturday. Who knew?
We still had fun. Spencer was trying to impersonate this statue.
Pretty funny.
While Jack's grandma was in town last time, she took some cute pictures of the boys. I found a project on Pinterest. You can get a huge copy of a black and white photo at Office Max in their photo department for $4. Then we bought some foam board at Home Depot for $4 (huge sheet, enough for two big photos) and then painted the edges black and spray glued the photo down. This is kind of a bad picture of the finished product. But, once we get Spencer's room re-arranged I'll post a picture of it up in his room.
This boy loves to swing.
Our first day of potty training.
There was a lot of time spent "trying" while he watched Backyardigans.
Our friends from LA moved up here for a job a few months ago and just got situated into their new house. We came to visit Sunday night for dinner. Spencer had a great time swinging with Vicki, they have grandkids Spencer's age and just love him. Her hubby, Andy, was our home teacher the whole time (5 years) we were in Valencia.
See y'all later!















4 comments:
Love all the pictures, I think it's so cute that you took Spencer on a date. :) And how fun that the Vicki and Andy are up there with you now!
I love everything about this post! Thanks again for all your help over the last month(s). You've been a lifesaver and I promise not to forget it!! Caroline already misses you - we will have to get all the kiddos together soon!
Yeah for potty trained kids!! Good job Spencer.
I'm so jealous Spencer asks for a diaper when he needs to poop, For MONTHS Hazel would pee in the potty but not poop. Every day was this agonizing debate about letting her wear a pull-up (which meant training set-backs because she got lazy) or stressing all day about if/when she was going to poop in her panties. I'm so glad those days are behind us! (Ha ha, a pun!)
Post a Comment