Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Keeping busy this summer


Some of our good friends from LA came out over the weekend to visit.  
Her dad lives out here, but we pretended that they came just to see us.  :) 
Luckily for us, he works during the day.  So we met up at the zoo on Friday and at this children's museum in San Jose on Monday.  Both were a blast.  This was their face painting room and the kids LOVED it.  It's at the end of the day, so Spencer is being kind of goofy/tired but cute.  


This was a video from our last zoo trip with Chloe that I forgot to post.  
Sorry Natalie, I know you think that water is nasty, they were just so cute and sharing so well I had to let them ... 


Horray!  Spencer is finally excited (kind of) about sitting on the potty.  
In this instance he was persuaded by the promise of a popsicle.  
He still hasn't done anything in the potty, but it's a HUGE step for us that he will get on and try without crying.  


One morning we went to the lake near our house to see the ducks and fish.  Isn't it crazy that it's cold enough to need a jacket in the morning in JULY!  I love it.  
Spencer loved the ducks, but loved this pay phone even more.  He was having a long, pretend conversation with lots of, "Uh huh, okay, I'm at the lake ... bye!" talk.  


Last week, I had a few days full of errands and busy things so I decided to put a whole morning towards Spencer where he could choose whatever we did.  
We went to the lake, and then he found a piece of paper that he pretended was a map.  
He said, "We need to drive this way and find the T." 
Hmm ... 
We started driving and I spotted Petsmart. 
We found the T in PeTsmart and enjoyed looking at all of the animals in there. 
Then he wanted ice cream, so we drove to Costco.


Played in the display chairs and on the display couches.
Got a few groceries.  (We were already there, I couldn't resist.)


And we shared an ice cream. 
It is SO good.  And only $1.39 for a huge serving. 


That night, Daddy took Spencer to the park while I cooked dinner. 
I got this picture in a text message. 
I wish he would have more fun with his kid. 
Ha.


This was on our zoo trip with our friends from LA. 
Spencer loves those lady bugs. 
He rode this ride about 7 times that day.  If it isn't crowded, the ride worker will let the kids stay on a few rounds if they want. 
And what kid doesn't want to do that?!


They don't look too excited here, but they all loved this frog hopper ride. 
Especially Elizabeth.  I think she ran around and rode it about 8 times in a row!


Eventually, Kristi had to join in on the fun.  :)


All of this excitement makes for one TIRED boy.


Friday, we went to the movie in the park.  This week it was Megamind.  I had not seen that movie yet and it was pretty funny! 
Each Friday, they show a different kids movie in a different park across the town.  It's been really fun to go and take blankets, cuddle up and watch the show. 


More pictures from the kids museum on Monday with our friends.




The end. 
Phew.  
This summer is flying!!!


1 comment:

Megan said...

I look that happy while I'm eating Costco frozen yogurt too... Mmmmmm....

And I love that picture of Spencer laying on top of Gordon at the movie in the park. I'm sure that's one of those tender moments as a mom that you just can't get enough of!