Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hearing Loss

Chrissy knows that I've been saying for a while now that the hearing aid industry is in for a big boom from all these earbuds that "kids these days" are using to destroy their ears. I have a few friends who do acoustic research for a large hearing aid company and they're pretty excited to see what will happen (more demand = more investment = more research = more fun with acoustics!).

Read this article on new hearing loss trends in youth.

2 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

You should try telling my husband abou this. He thinks I am just a nag when I tell him my concerns about his loud music. :) I grew out of the habit as soon as I started surrounding myself with children day in and day out. TOdd thinks I have become a wimp. :)

jon said...

Hmmm. Maybe I can figure out a way to get more kids to have Type I diabetes so that they'll do more research to fix it.