Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My baby ...



is 18 months old!!!

Can I still call him a baby?

I don't care. I still do.

This post is ALL about him.

First off, a cute picture. This kid loves to swing.


Spencer says:

Mama
Dadda
Car
Ball (ba)
Uh-oh
Wow
Water
More
Dog (Dah)
Please (Eese)
Ice (I-dee)
Baby (for the first time yesterday - 6/22/10)
Bye bye (for the first time today)
Becky (for the first time today - sounds like Bee -- ee)



Spencer knows:


LOTS of animal sounds
Our favorite? The fish. He sucks his cheeks in and then lets them pop. SO cute.

How to count to two.
When he's going up the stairs he says, "Uhh, too, uhh, too" over and over.

Where LOTS of body parts are.
head, hair, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue, teeth, shoulders, tummy, belly button, knees, legs, arms, fingers, hands, feet, toes.

How to follow simple commands.
Throw this away, stand up, sit down, put on your shoes, etc.





Spencer LOVES to:


Play peek-a-boo
Throw a ball
Play outside
Play at the pool
Play/jump in his crib
Turn lights on and off
Play in the car in the garage pretending to drive
Watch silly videos on You Tube
Eat ice and chocolate chips out of the freezer
Pull books off of the shelves



One exciting thing about 18 months:


Spencer goes to nursery!

(In our church, at 18 months old the kids all go to a little Sunday School type class for tykes. It makes it MUCH easier for us to go to our classes and listen. And, it's much more fun for Spencer. They have a lesson, play and have snacks.)

He went last week for the first time. Gordon said it was the best Father's Day present ever. :)

He did great!





Happy half birthday, buddy. We sure love you.



5 comments:

Tiff said...

I just did an 18-month post too! Twins!

jon said...

Ooh, I think that makes Tiff better. You better get pregnant if you want to keep up.

The Pollocks said...

Aww, how sweet! He's just the cutest little guy! Very smart, too. And yay for nursery!

Megan said...

I was seriously amazed at how well he did in nursery! I kept waiting for him to realize you guys were gone, but he seemed fine! He's such a cute little guy... I'm sad we weren't able to be his nursery leaders for longer.... :(

katieo said...

YAY for nursery!! :)
of COURSE you can still call him a baby. Luke is EIGHT and still "my baby"
just a rather lanky one. ;)