So, here you go.
Lately, Spencer ....
*eats EVERYTHING we eat, but he especially loves bananas and peas. If you open a banana within range of him - you'd better plan on sharing.
*WALKS! He has been taking steps here and there, but yesterday (December 7, 2009) he started really walking. I was at a friend's house and her little girl was holding his hands and helping him. She let go, and he just took off. Now he thinks he's pretty hot stuff and gets very excited when he lets go and is on his own. Although, sometimes he sneaks up on me now. When he crawls he breathes really hard, when he walks - he's much quieter.
*loves anything that has to do with music. He will dance when the choir sings in church, to the radio, to the songs that his books play, and tonight - to the Elder's cell phone. They gave it to him to play with and he sat on the living room floor with it open just groovin' to the music. (That is very unlike him, he's usually always on the go.)
*snuggles. Ever since we got home from MO, he will stop playing and come to me and he wants to be picked up and he'll lay his head down for a minute and then be ready to go back to playing. (Not literally a minute, more like 10 seconds).
*loves his walks. He gets all cozy in his stroller and loves to go wherever the wind takes us. He likes to have something to hold onto or to snack on, and he's set. He's the perfect little walking companion.
*jabbers - all day long. He'll look at me like he's saying something totally logical. I'm sure he knows just what he's saying. It's adorable.
*knows the word "no". He knows the places he is not allowed (trash can, computer, CO2 detector) and he'll crawl there and then look up at me to see if I'm going to stop him. If I say, "no", he won't go. But, if I smile at all - he goes for it.
*is getting to be more comfortable with other people. He used to get really scared when we left, but now he's become familiar with some of our friends and will stay at their homes without any problem. Way to go, bud!
*loves balls. If I tell him to get the ball out of his bucket, he'll grab it. And, he understands some things, we think. If I tell him to clap his hands - about 70% of the time, he'll do it without any motions from me.
*knows that Mom is the sympathetic one in the house. If he gets hurt, he'll go to Gordon, but he'll really ham it up if I come into the room and he needs to snuggle for a while. That's alright with me, I take those snuggles whenever I can get them!
*has FOUR teeth. He got his bottom two around 8 months and his top two broke through barely before we left for MO. By the time we were home from our trip, the top two were well in and now they are both all the way showing. So cute! He looks so much older with teeth.
Now, onto some pictures to catch up on what we've been up to.
We flew home on Thanksgiving day, so we never made our own dinner. We bought a turkey on Friday and had our own Thanksgiving on Saturday. It was a scaled down version, but still SUPER yummy. And, there were lots of leftovers. Yum.
Me and Spencer on our "Thanksgiving" day. No judging my looks. I got up and was lazy all morning and then cooked up a storm. Hey, I was happy - that's all that matters. :)
And, the little man looked adorable.
After this picture, we all showered and put nice clothes on for our dinner. It's a tradition that I want to keep. It was nice being dressed well for a special dinner.
Spencer loved his green beans. He ate green beans, mashed potatoes and shredded turkey. He chowed!
One of the best things about cooking Thanksgiving dinner is shown above. I don't touch a single dish afterward because this guy does it all. Yes ma'am, he's a keeper.

He's just cute. They were matching in their grey hoodies.

Mmm hmm, those are some baby converse high tops. They were handed down to us, and they're adorable. I think they stayed on his feet for about ... 10 minutes. I had to get a picture while I could.
"Please don't interrupt me, I'm reading."
3 comments:
Yes, that's my nephew, the really really really cute one!
OH MY GOSH. I've always talked about how I want to get my babies baby converse because they're SO cute!
These are all such fun milestones for Spencer! I am a witness to the jabbering! It was so cute in Relief Society when he was just talking and talking like he had something to add to the lesson. :) This seems like a really fun age for him!
Such a cutie pie!!
Post a Comment