First things first - I have the cutest husband ever. Period.
And onto the trip. Spencer and I left for Missouri the Thursday before Thanksgiving to spend some time with family. Gordon wasn't able to come until Monday because work was CA-RAZY busy, but we were so glad that he got to come!Spencer and I enjoyed visiting with family and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and had a good ole' time. Unfortunately, I forgot our camera so I used Grandma's while we were there until Gordon came. I was supposed to burn those pictures onto a CD ... and I forgot. Hopefully we can get them from Grandma soon and get them up here. Oops!
Onto the rest of the trip. Gordon joined us Monday night and Tuesday was the beginning of our family reunion for all of my parent's kids. We stayed at a big hotel with an indoor water park. SOOO fun. Loved it. All of it.
Here is a picture of the inside - right when you walk in the front door. It's all neat and lodge-like.
Here is our cute family inside of the Great Wolf Lodge bear.
The first night of our trip, we played at the water park and celebrated the November birthdays. And, since we won't be around during Spencer's birthday - they were sweet and included him in the celebration.My sister, Jen, just started a cupcake and cake business. She makes AWESOME stuff.
Click HERE to check out her website! (It's under construction, but will be done soon.)
One night while we were there, she taught us how to make the gum paste decorations for the tops. So, we helped with these! Of course with lots of guidance. :) Anyhow, they turned out very cute.
Each of the birthday kids got a BIG cupcake and then she made lots of other normal sized cupcakes for everyone else to sample. Yum!




Spencer LOVED his cupcake. This was his first time having a real treat, and he could tell it was a treat! He just sat there picking at it and enjoying every last bite.









5 comments:
That water park looks so fun! I totally wish I had a family member who could make gourmet yummies to share! They look so cute!
I've heard of those hotels before, but I don't think there are any out here in the West.
Looks like lots of fun!
Wow! That water park looks awesome. I was wondering what you guys were doing for Thanksgiving...sounds like a really fun trip!
WOW. Those accomodations look perfect.
(and hey, is it me... or has Gordon lost weight? meh. It's probably me...)
It's not you. He has. :)
Post a Comment