Thank you all SO much for the sweet congratulations and comments you left. It was so fun to hear from all of you. We are VERY excited to be parents and were so glad to be able to share the news with everyone.
Updates on Chrissy:
1) Not much morning sickness. I did have one week that was pretty miserable, luckily my parents were here visiting that week (lucky for me, not so lucky for them) so they helped me out a TON and I didn't have to cook anything which was just ... wonderful. I haven't thrown up at all yet, but I have had some very close dry-heaving moments when I wished it would just come. Okay, enough of that.
2) I am hungry ALL. THE. TIME!!! I thought pregnant women were exaggerating when they said they were hungry all of the time, but wow ... every two hours I feel like I haven't eaten in days. It's made quite the difference in our grocery bill during the past few months, but it's totally worth it. :)
3) I bought my first maternity clothes this week. I had one pair of jeans that fit still and they just weren't cutting it. So, I got a pair of shorts and a pair of pants at Wal-Mart on clearance, woo hoo!!! It's been great, no more tight waistlines!!!
Updates on the Baby:
1) We have had two ultra sounds so far. We'll just put up the latest one on here, because really ... the first one just looks like a little peanut. He/she's OUR little peanut, so we think it's adorable, but you probably wouldn't think much of it. :)
2) We have seen the heartbeat twice. Amazing. It was so neat to see that there is really a little person in there! At the last ultrasound, the nurse pushed on my stomach during it and he/she kicked their little feet. It was so cute!
3) The baby is due on December 28th. The first guess was December 31st, so Gordon is happy that this new date will most likely bring the baby in time for a tax rebate. ha.
Updates on Gordon:
1) Hmm...I didn't want to leave him out, so I'll just post a little about him. First, he's doing great at work. He just passed his two year mark with JBL and we are stunned at how fast time is flying by.
2) He likes California. We both do. Originally, we thought we'd just be here for a while, but man ... we love it here. Great ward, great people, great pool, great city...we love it.
3) He's cute.
I think that's about it. Everything is going well. We feel very blessed to be able to have this little baby. It's taken some time, but we are very excited and the wait was definitely worth it. :)
Oh, and here's the picture:

Updates on Chrissy:
1) Not much morning sickness. I did have one week that was pretty miserable, luckily my parents were here visiting that week (lucky for me, not so lucky for them) so they helped me out a TON and I didn't have to cook anything which was just ... wonderful. I haven't thrown up at all yet, but I have had some very close dry-heaving moments when I wished it would just come. Okay, enough of that.
2) I am hungry ALL. THE. TIME!!! I thought pregnant women were exaggerating when they said they were hungry all of the time, but wow ... every two hours I feel like I haven't eaten in days. It's made quite the difference in our grocery bill during the past few months, but it's totally worth it. :)
3) I bought my first maternity clothes this week. I had one pair of jeans that fit still and they just weren't cutting it. So, I got a pair of shorts and a pair of pants at Wal-Mart on clearance, woo hoo!!! It's been great, no more tight waistlines!!!
Updates on the Baby:
1) We have had two ultra sounds so far. We'll just put up the latest one on here, because really ... the first one just looks like a little peanut. He/she's OUR little peanut, so we think it's adorable, but you probably wouldn't think much of it. :)
2) We have seen the heartbeat twice. Amazing. It was so neat to see that there is really a little person in there! At the last ultrasound, the nurse pushed on my stomach during it and he/she kicked their little feet. It was so cute!
3) The baby is due on December 28th. The first guess was December 31st, so Gordon is happy that this new date will most likely bring the baby in time for a tax rebate. ha.
Updates on Gordon:
1) Hmm...I didn't want to leave him out, so I'll just post a little about him. First, he's doing great at work. He just passed his two year mark with JBL and we are stunned at how fast time is flying by.
2) He likes California. We both do. Originally, we thought we'd just be here for a while, but man ... we love it here. Great ward, great people, great pool, great city...we love it.
3) He's cute.
I think that's about it. Everything is going well. We feel very blessed to be able to have this little baby. It's taken some time, but we are very excited and the wait was definitely worth it. :)
Oh, and here's the picture:


8 comments:
Cute little peanut! Glad you are feeling well. Buying the first maternity clothes were always so fun for me! Thanks for the update!
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you. I love shopping for maternity clothes. I feel so "in-style!" :) It's weird, I know.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.... Here I go:
Chrissy:
1) Be glad you didn't throw up. I HEAR it's not like the flu when you're preggers... you DON'T feel better after hurling.
2)With Malia AND this pregnancy, I have pop tarts or fruit snacks in my church bag every Sunday. Dave gets embarrassed when I try to eat them in Sacrament Mtg.
3)Yay, Maternity CLothes... although I recommend fitted shirts... the big ones that flare out make you feel like a circus tent.
Baby:
1)Ultrasounds ARE trippy, eh?
2)Cool that it kicked! It makes it that much more real.
3)Ours is due the 16th! They can be friends!!!
Gordon:
1)2 YEARS! Wow.
2)*evil laugh* CA takes no prisoners!
3)um... I'll leave the "cute" thing to Chrissy.
P.S. We need to PLAY!!!!
Isn't it the best hearing their little heartbeat! Such a miracle. I'm due about a week after you! How fun that our little kiddos will be so close in age!
Cutest little peanut I've ever seen:)
I am glad that you have not had horrible morning sickness. Things could be a lot worse... Looks like your little guy is growing. Babies around Christmas are interesting... Thomas was due Dec 29, but was a planned C-section on Dec 20th. I was home for Christmas. Thanks for the update!
ok. I don't know why, but I'm sitting here about to cry! I'm just so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment