Thursday, February 15, 2007

Our Valentine's Day

So, apparently most teachers like to be in the classroom on holidays, which leaves very little jobs to choose from for a substitute. This left me at home for a day, so I decided to make little Valentine's Day treats for our primary kids. Sorry this is a boring post...but it's all I've got.

The recipe has you make a chocolate dough, then roll it out and freeze it and cut out heart shapes and put a little stick inside it. After you get it like this you cover it up with another heart shaped piece of dough, bake it and decorate them. They're not very hard, just pretty time consuming. They were fun, though, and I think the kids will think lollipop cookies are pretty cool.


All wrapped up and ready to deliver.

This is Gordon coming home from work and finding his Valentine's Day present at the door. He got a package of Cow Tails...how romantic. :) They're one of his favorite treats, and they only sell them at a couple of places out here, because they're gross! Just kidding, Gordon. :)


We went out to dinner and then looked for some paint, we decided to paint our living/dining room area. Gordon's gift to me was the paint. I was so excited to pick it out!

5 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

We're really bold and courageous...it's uh, khaki. Haha. But, it's a pretty dark khaki! We're trying to stay neutral so that maybe our landlord won't make us paint it back when we move. :) We're thinking we might do one dark red wall in the office, though.

Steve and Katrina said...

Those cookies are so cute!! We were stuck inside becasue of snow so we just sat at home for Valentines Day. Our gift to ourself is going to be a trip to Chicago during spring break. YEAH! Chrissy, you look so cute and skinny.

GordonandChrissy said...

Chicago! Oh, I'm so jealous! We're planning to go there in the next year or two. Gordon has always wanted to go back since he grew up there. Have fun!!! And, thanks Katrina! That's so nice of you. :) You look great too, and you just had a baby!

Justin and Amy said...

Chrissy, just so you know... it is a blessing to not be in an elementary school classroom on a holiday, I promise:)

GordonandChrissy said...

Oh, I know. I remember last year dreading those days. The kids were insane!!!