Monday, December 04, 2006

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...inside the house

Since it's entirely too warm outside for December, it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit. We're not complaining, we know that lots of other areas of the country are VERY cold right now, but nonetheless it's hard to feel very festive. So, we've ended up overcompensating in our apartment.

The night we went to get our tree, luckily, was a pretty cold one ... about 50 degrees. That's severely cold for around here. haha. So at least it felt a little like Christmas.


My attempts at being crafty. I saw these cookies in a magazine that looked beautiful all over the tree, so I gave it a shot. Mine aren't beautiful, but they're fun to have on the tree when we babysit or have friends with kids over. And Gordon likes to sneak them, too. :)


Here's a shot of the finished tree. Merry Christmas!!!

9 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

So cute and festive! I can't wait to have a tree bigger than 3 ft. tall (and not fake!) We still have the one we had in Provo...if we aren't careful we might not see it and accidently step on it and kill it...oh wait. It isn't real so we couldn't "kill" it if we wanted to.

GordonandChrissy said...

haha. I bet it's hard to have a very big one, though with little hands that are getting into everything! He's so cute! We loved the picture of him in his carseat just hangin' out.

Steve and Katrina said...

Chrissy you are so crafty! Your house looks super cute. I bet it would be really hard to feel festive with warm temps. It is suppose to be -5 tonight with the wind chill and today the high was only 15. We just got our tree last night. I will put a post as soon as I have a time. I hope all is going well for you guys.

GordonandChrissy said...

-5? Holy cow! I think we would die...we're already becoming wusses out here, it's 45 or 50 and we're cold. How fun that you got your tree, though! Doesn't it make you so excited for Christmas? We're doing great, but we wish we could come see little Chandler!

Steve and Katrina said...

Drive up to Reno. How far of a drive can it be, plus Gordon told me how cheap gas is getting there.

GordonandChrissy said...

When are you going to be in Reno?

Steve and Katrina said...

Everyone will be in Reno over Christmas. We get there on the 21st and leave on the 3rd. I think Meagan and Todd have the same plans.

Todd and Meagan said...

We arrive on the 21st and leve on the 30th. We would love if you guys came to visit!

GordonandChrissy said...

Ooh! We're not going to Missouri until the 25th...I'll have to check with Gordon and see when he has off to see if it's possible. :) I'll find out and let you know tomorrow.