Monday, March 17, 2014

Long overdue update -- February and March so far

I really should update this more often, so that I don't have 87 pictures in one post.  

Seriously, there are 87 pictures in this post.  

Good luck.  




We had several bouts of sickness roll through our house this past month, so there are lots of cuddling boys pictures.  It was so, so sweet.  

First, Spencer got pink eye, then Daniel.  
Then, Spencer got a really high fever (103, 104) and passed it to Daniel.  Sick kiddos are no fun, but thankfully, we are all healthy again.  I hope it stays that way, spring is on the way!!!



We have a picture REALLY similar to this of Spencer at this age and when I saw Daniel playing in his room after bath time, I had to take this photo.  My boys prefer to read in the nude, I guess. 


After being inside and sick for a week, we ventured out to the park to play on a sunny afternoon.  Daniel wasn't all the way better, but he had been on antibiotics for his pink eye for long enough that he wasn't contagious - and Spencer and I needed to get out!


While Justin was in China, we got a few good play dates in with Jack and Caroline.  While the boys played in the play land at IKEA, we took the babies shopping.  More like, we browsed and then let the babies play in the kids toy area at IKEA while we chatted and browsed some more.  It was awesome.  :) 


I love seeing him get up on his tip toes.  Those cute little baby feet are adorable!  Daniel loves to get into these two bins on our island.  I have one for kids bowls and utensils and one for kids plates.  They are emptied onto the floor about 5 times a day, but he loves it and is so happy.  The floor is fairly clean, so we just pile them back in each time.  :) 


Both of our boys LOVE music.  It warms our hearts, because both Gordon and I love music as well.  We were both band nerds and love to sing, so it's fun to share that with our children.  We found a group called Pentatonix over Christmas break, because they have some awesome acapella Christmas songs.  Since then, we have discovered lots more of their songs that we love.  Spencer loves to watch the drummer and try to mimic his beat boxing skills.  They are all snuggled up on Daddy's lap watching a you tube video of one of these songs.  



We went for a walk one afternoon last week and found a new park!  We have lived here for three years, and I had no idea this little park existed.  It's very small, but only about 4 blocks from our house.  Plus, we get to walk across the train tracks (safely, don't worry Grandma!) to get there which is super cool.  






I haven't been frequenting Costco as much as I should lately (diapers are SO much cheaper there, but it's so much more convenient to go to Target!) but we finally went back last week and stocked up again.  Spencer and Daniel rode in the two seater cart for the first time.  Spencer barely fit in there, but he was so excited to ride with Daniel. 

Daniel?  He wasn't so thrilled.  Spence gave him snacks and tried his best, but Daniel can walk now!  Yay!  And so he really wanted to get down and explore.  


These two continue to be the best of friends.  Spencer really loves doing crafts now, which is so fun.  He will get paper out and create tons of artwork - especially when Madi is over.  
Each Sunday during our first meeting they make pictures for each other and exchange them afterward.  It's very sweet.  


Only in Silicon Valley would your baby play with a wireless keyboard, right? 



About a year ago, Gordon made a stand to hold Spencer's two game balls that he earned on his tee ball team, as well as his trophy from the end of the year.  A few weeks ago, Spencer decided it would be fun to paint it!  Gordon worked really hard on it, but I was so proud (and not surprised) to see him happily help Spencer paint this stand.  Of course, it was multi-colored and all blobbed up in spots, but he just patiently watched and helped Spencer.  He is such a good dad.  





All dressed up in our Sunday finest!  
I am still a sucker for a baby in a vest.  I love that. 



One afternoon, Spencer was busy playing and I wasn't paying attention until he came to find me.  He had taped up several things that he didn't want anymore and posted prices for me to buy them.  He is really into earning money lately.  I think the most expensive thing was $1.  I bought a few things and paid him about 15 cents.  It was cute ... for a while.  Until the next day, when he poured through all of his toys and kept wanting me to buy things from him.  It was then that we decided that he could take anything out that he didn't want anymore and we would save it up for a garage sale or give away this summer.  No more trying to squeeze money out of us!  Lol. 




On Valentine's Day we got together with a few buddies that are Spencer's age and also not in kindergarten until this Fall.  We decorated cookies (or, in the case of these boys, ate cookies and decorated maybe one ...) and had a great time playing.  



For our date night last month, we went to a nice pen store in San Jose for Gordon to try out some super nice pens.  He loves to dream about buying an expensive pen some day.  He says the three things he would love to spend some money on:  a nice watch, pen and car.  
Luckily, he is level headed and we just went to look around for fun.  No money dropping on pens around here!  But, it was fun to watch him get all giddy about the nice pens.  I love that guy.  :) 






Happy Valentine's Day! 

Gordon snuck home when he knew I would be out picking Spencer up from preschool and left these on the counter for me.  What a man ... 










Lots of snuggles and park playing this month!  The weather is getting very nice and Daniel is actually playing at the park now!  It's very fun, but he is FAST and hard to keep in one place.  We all get a workout at the park now.  :) 



Have you seen this video on youtube?  If not, check it out.  
I found this book at a little bookstore downtown. 



Bowling party over winter break from preschool.  It was a blast!












After quiet time last week, I came out to find a card with this written on it.  
I can't remember what the "treasure" was inside, but probably a pen taped to a car or something.  He loves to make little inventions. 


I have had this magnet board forever and it has been sitting in the closet - I finally realized I can use it to put up little seasonal sayings in the kitchen.  
Here is our Easter board. 
I am loving it.  :) 



It's been kind of a big month around here.  
Daniel is walking. 
Spencer is riding without training wheels!  


She will probably be embarrassed that I posted this, but my sister painted this picture on her first attempt with oil paints.  Um ... she is amazing.  She's got the painting skills passed down from Mom.













We are all happiest when we are outside playing together.  
So, we do it - a lot.  :) 






Happy birthday to our cousin, Levi!!








Way to end a post, right? 
Click to enlarge this.  
I was CRACKING up. 
Last week, I was doing dishes while Gordon bathed the kids.  I like to listen to a novel or music and do the dinner dishes and Gordon gets the kids bathed and in jammies.  It's a win- win.  
All of the sudden, I heard Gordon say, "Spence - what's that brown thing in the tub??  AH!  Get out!  Get out!" 
And then hysterical laughing from both of them and crying from Daniel.  Spence was out and in a towel and Daniel was being held up, totally naked over the tub and screaming.  Freezing, of course, but needing a wipe.  It was disgusting.  
We split the duties.
I scooped up the chunks into the toilet and threw away all of the toys.  Gordon cleaned and scrubbed the tub and mat.  
So SO gross. 

I hope your tub stays clean this week!!!   :) 


5 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE those pictures of all of you in your Sunday dress. You all look so great! I still can't believe how grown up Daniel is looking.

So gross about the pooping in the tub! I'm sure that will be in my future someday, and I will probably be laughing hysterically too, until it comes time to clean it up. ;)

And um, I need to find that "What does the fox say" book. Like, seriously. Ava's kind of obsessed with that song, she makes us play it for her like 5 times a night and she's learned most of the words and even the dance moves. HAHA

Sarah said...

Your boys are adorable! I love your sister's painting too.

Kelly, Justin, Jack, and Baby Crosby said...

ahhh yes, the sneak tub poop attack. I know that one all too well :) ;)

Angie said...

Your sister's painting is amazing! I love it.
You are way better at taking everyday pictures than me. I need to pull out my camera (phone) more often.

jon said...

They are so cute! I LOVE the picture of the two of them in the Costco cart with Spencer totally grinning ear to ear and Daniel is giving you a "save me!" look. Too cute.
And you're right, 86 photos would have been just fine :) But I love that you liked it enough to post it. That's very cool. Thanks.
And this is Becky :)