Friday, July 12, 2013

Beach trip and Train ride!!!


The weekend after Daddy got home we decided to take a little day trip to a cool lighthouse along the coast and play at the beach.  SUCH a fun day, and SUCH a cute little four year old who wears his goggles everywhere!!
Seriously. 
We were walking into the library the other day and we passed a lady who looked down at Spencer and smiled, then kind of laughed as she looked at me.  Usually people smile at him, because he's cute and friendly and usually says hi - but when she laughed as she saw me I glanced down at him to see why.  
Oops, we left the goggles on in the library.  I didn't even notice. ha!


Beautiful views along the coast as we drove. 


This is the rocky shore by the lighthouse we went to.  It's called Pigeon Point and it is really neat.  Spencer was SO excited to see a lighthouse.  We were only there for a little bit, because we had some sand castles to build and there was not a sandy shore in sight.  But, the few minutes we were there were breathtaking. 





Here it is!
While we were there, we discovered there were some pretty nice hostels that you can stay in for cheap right there.  We may go back and try that out.  They looked nice. 




And here we are at the beach.  We drove a few more miles down the coast and found a beach that wasn't too busy and set up camp.  Daniel liked it pretty well, but we were up north and it was super windy!  He did fine, but I think he was glad when we left.  Poor kid.  Next year he'll love the sand.  And probably eat about a gallon.  :)




Check out my hair. 
See?  It was windy. 


Fun times at our cool carwash.  Spencer still loves it.  


"Are we home yet, Mom?"


Spencer often entertains (he can never remember the word entertain so he's always asking me, it's cute) Daniel while I shower.  I came out and found them "cuddling" as Spencer said.  I'm not sure Daniel loved it, but he was safe.



Daddy had July 4th off of work and he took off Friday and Monday to make it a 5 day weekend. 
It was AWESOME.
So so fun.
First stop? Hiking up north of San Fran in Muir Woods.
We grabbed some Subway and took off.



This guy did great.  Good little trooper grabbed naps here and there when he could over this fun weekend.


That's me on my new motorcycle.  
Jealous? I bet.


We arrived at Muir Woods and there were approximately 6 million other people there.  Seriously, it was crazy.  We had to park about 1.5 miles away from the entrance to the park.  So, we were going to hike with our boys .... to hike some more.  
On the way up there, we found a cool trail off the side of the road, so we took that instead.  Spencer couldn't care less about the huge trees, he just wanted to hike.  And we still caught a few.
Us at the beginning of the trail.  It was a 1.5 mile loop ... or so we thought .



These Redwoods are GIANT!!!



After about 20 minutes, Daniel crashed.  All I could see was his bald little head. 


So I peeked underneath.  
He found a super cozy, dark position to sleep in. 
Too bad I woke him up with my flash. 
He fell back asleep.  :)



Finding good walking sticks was the highlight of our hike.  
We take our hikes seriously. 


Check out that sign. 
Seriously?  We're supposed to remember all of those directions to get to the end of the trail? 
I don't think so. 



We made it to this big clearing with picnic tables - the end of the hike.  
Yep, 1.5 miles to here.  
And now - we turn back around and hike back.  With a four year old. 
Luckily, he is a stud and after a little snack he was ready to hit it again. 
He did awesome!


At the end, this kid was tuckered out!!!


Monday, we took a train ride up a few stops.  It had been a while since we had taken the train anywhere and Spencer had really been wanting to ride it again.  
It's just our local commuter train, but there are some fun stops with shops and restaurants to check out.


Spencer knows all of the rules and was telling us all about how you don't cross the yellow line.  He didn't think it was funny when Daddy pretended to.  



Who knew? Daniel loves the pop up stroller.  
And Spence is a pro at using it! 
He was so careful. 


We are not die hard Giants fans, but we found a cool store with tons of Giants gear and Spencer fell in love with this hat.  He wears it all of the time.  
"There are two good things about my hat, and one bad thing -- it's comfy and it's cute, but it's really hot." 



I can't believe how old he looks in these pictures!




Daddy and Spence have been riding bikes all over the place lately.  They just got a new bike lock and Gordon sent me this picture while they were out of Spencer posing in front of their bikes locked up at Target. 


This is out of order, but it's me and Spence on our hike.  It was so pretty!




Daniel has been having some GI problems, and we discovered he's allergic to milk.  I guess it's pretty common among infants and about 99% of them outgrow it by 1 year.  yay!  So I've been on a dairy and soy free diet for about a month now.  He is doing SO much better, so he's been cleared to start solids.  He loves them!  He gobbled up some peas the other day.  He's getting so big!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Stop posting pictures of the beach! I mean it! Now I'm super homesick. So pretty..... :(
I laughed out loud (uncommon) reading Spence's quote about his Giants hat. Uh, yeah, we're having, like 100 degree weather. I'd say it's hot! Ha ha! That's so funny, and so is the goggle wearing.
Hazel keeps telling me she wants to marry Spencer when she grows up. In the temple, of course. I think they'd make a great match.

Megan said...

Wow you guys just have fun fun fun all the time! That trip to the lighthouse looks super fun! And I just love Muir Woods! The redwoods are really amazing, and it's just such a beautiful and serene place! Maybe not with 6 billion people there...but it was when I went. :)

And yes, I kept thinking "Sheesh when did Spencer start looking so grown up?!" He's such a little man now!