Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spencer goes to bed ...

Usually when we tuck Spencer in bed, he asks if we can cuddle with him for "a few minutes".

Tonight, I (Chrissy) tucked him in and laid down on the bed next to him.  We usually talk about what we did during the day.

Me: What did we do today?
S: I went to preschool.
Me: Whose house was preschool at?
S: Kiara's house.
Me: Was it fun?
S: Yes.
Me: Did you talk about a letter today?
S: Mm... I'm ready for you to go now.

HA! I guess the trick to a quick bedtime is asking him boring questions!
He took a drink and then he told me he needed to "take a rest" and he laid right down.

What a cutie pie!

And that cutie pie is almost THREE years old!!!  We can't believe it.

4 comments:

Kelly, Justin, Jack, and Baby Crosby said...

That was a MUCH different experience than our bedtime tonight, which involved a lot of "hiding" under the covers, banging on his door, yelling for Daddy to come save him from the big spider, asking to watch a show for "just one more minute," etc etc etc...maybe I need to try the boring question route :)

jon said...

Are you sure it didn't have something to do with your stanky armpits?

Megan said...

oh my gosh, that's hilarious!!! i'm so glad you documented that to give us all a little chuckle. :)

Todd and Meagan said...

Spencer sounds like a funny kid! I can't believe he is almost three!