Monday, September 19, 2011

Recap through photos (and a FEW words)


Spencer has a new friend, little Jack.
(He calls him "brown haired Jack" because he also has a "white haired Jack" friend).
They are good buddies and like almost all of the same things. 
And he's got a super fun Mom that I like to hang out with too.
It's a win-win for all of us. :)


We were out running errands one day and Spencer saw Toys R Us (which he calls the Toy story, ha).  So, we went in to look around.  He had a HUGE pee (I had forgotten to change his diaper for a little too long) and we had no extra pants, so he went in a diaper for the last few minutes.  Hey, he was happy.  
And the sign says "No SHIRT, no shoes ... right?"






More fun from when Grandma and Grandpa Dix were here!


My strong kiddo.  
Pushing a four year old, ALL on his own. 
I'm pretty sure he gets his guns from me.

Ha! Have you SEEN my husband's arms? 


Carousel with Jack.  
He couldn't ask for more.


Abstract photo by Spencer.
Age 2.5




I love this face.


And this one.  



We swapped babysitting with one of Gordon's co-workers.
She watched our kiddo.
We watched her dog. 
I think we won on the deal.  Spencer LOVES this dog and still talks about him.
We tell stories at night before he goes to bed and they almost always include Bagel, the dog. 









We took a trip up to Oakland Temple a few weekends ago after church on Sunday. 
It is a beautiful building and the grounds are equally beautiful. 
However, this picture is the best one of them all.  I wish we were all in the picture, we'll have to get that one next time.  But I love seeing my boys as they walk up to the temple.  
Such great meaning.



Spencer is a creative sleeper.


A few weekends ago, we headed to the beach.
Santa Cruz, here we come!

I guess Spencer got ahold of my phone in the car.  He was probably "checking the map".  He loves to tell us which way to go.  And occasionally will find his way into the camera section of the phone ... 


Dad and Spencer played some games and won some tickets. 
Fun, right? 
But, MOM ... played a game where I flung a rubber chicken at a pot.  
3 tries for $2.  
The first two weren't even CLOSE to the rotating pots (did I mention they were rotating?!)
The last one ... SLAM, in the pot.
I won my little boy an Angry Birds stuffed bird.
Sa-weeet!





Spencer loved jumping over the waves.  We both got totally soaked.  
And tired.


Beach bum baby. :)

3 comments:

Jon and Becky said...

That was an awesome post. I wanted it to keep going and going. The abstract picture was seriously cool. Seriously. And I love the one of them walking up to the temple. That is a gorgeous temple. And the grounds? So beautiful.

Sarah said...

That is awesome that you won an Angry Bird! I have a feeling those are going to be everywhere at the State Fair this year and I have a 4 year old DYING to have one.

Love all your pictures!

Megan said...

That picture of Spencer on the carosel just about made my day.

And I LOVE the Oakland temple grounds! So gorgeous, and the view of the whole valley and bay is stunning. Sounds like you guys have been living it up and enjoying every moment together!!!