I love Fall.
The end.
The end.

Okay, not REALLY the end. I have to comment on this cuteness.
We bought a few pumpkins at Wal-mart. (sorry all of you anti-Walmartites out there - they were the cheapest!) and decided that we'd paint them this year.
Spencer + carving knife = not a good idea.

We really didn't need paint after all. He just wanted to use his pumpkin as a stool.
P.S. He calls pumpkins "mummies". Why? Not sure. We've tried and tried, but at least it's an item from the same holiday.
No, he doesn't know what a mummy is.

Doesn't he look so excited to be painting?
I think he's an aspiring artist.
Just wait until you see the end results.

He was so funny. He had paint on his legs, he sat in paint, but if the tiniest bit was on his hand ... it was a disaster. So, we kept a wipe handy and everyone was happy. :)

Daddy took a few days off this month to extend a weekend for a family "stay-cation". Work has been very busy and he was not able to get away with us to go on a REAL vacation, so we had a fun little family time at home. I HIGHLY recommend it. We slept in, stayed up late, played LOTS at the park and just giggled and had fun.

Spencer LOVES to "wing". Whenever we come to a park, it's always the first activity of choice. If I let him, he'd swing all day long. But, the point of the park is to get some energy out - so we try and switch it up a bit.

But sometimes we just "wing". How can I resist that face.
"More Mama? More?"
He's just discovered the amazingness that is the underdog. Video to follow. :)


Daddy helped him climb the big mountain. It was very sweet to see them pointing out everything from WAY up there.

Spencer also loves to slide. Sometimes.
Some days it is the best thing ever and he does it over and over.
Other days, he is very nervous and would rather not.
We just go with the flow around here.

Spencer and I walk almost every morning. On the way out of our neighborhood, they have these little bumps as well as big speed bumps to slow the traffic down. Spencer calls the speed bumps, "bumps" and loves to jump on them. These he calls "coo coos" (cookies). I'm not sure why, but I love it.

We took Spence to a local pumpkin patch while we had Daddy home. He loved it, but it took a bit for him to warm up to the idea. He was a little grumpy at first as is shown above.

He loved all of the pumpkins, but was NOT in the mood to sit for a picture, so we got some great action shots.
On to the next activity!


Looking up at Mama. Little baby profiles are the cutest.
Side note: I realized today that I no longer have a baby. I was garage sale shopping and the woman asked me what I was looking for. "Mostly baby stuff," I replied. She then told me she had an infant carrier and some rattles. "Oh, thanks but mine is almost 2 ... I guess we're into the big kid category now." Yikes. When did he get so BIG all of a sudden?

Spencer admiring the pig. They had big signs all over saying "Caution, animals bite." That was enough for me to keep him a good distance from the fence. The cutest moment was when he saw the sheep. "BAAA!" He ran toward the fence to see the "baa". He's seen all of these animals in books, but never in real life. It was very neat to watch him see them for the first time.

We took a choo-choo ride with Daddy and Spencer loved it! "More choo choo" was his request. So, we went back again later that week with some friends.


In the police truck. He's a little timid around new kids and didn't fight his way into the steering wheel. Ah well, maybe next year. 
If you know Spencer, you know he is a BIG fan of fruits and vegetables. So, we bought him his own ear of fresh corn and he CHOWED down while we listened to some live music. Not great live music, a middle-aged band playing that had a fun vocalist, but the bass and drum players were constantly looking at their phones to check the time. They weren't having a grand time. But Spencer loves music so it was all great.







4 comments:
Mummies- haha, that is so cute! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I bet it was so nice to have Gordon home for those days. Love the pictures!
I love the picture of Gordon and Spencer swinging. Your boys are so cute :) And I totally dig the idea of a stay-vacation. Todd and I are like that on any of his breaks. We would much rather stay home and take turns sleeping in than go on vacation somewhere and come home exhausted.
What a lovely update! Your little guy definitely isn't so little any more! Although some of those pumpkins seem to be bigger than he was -- crazy! I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy Gordon's 'stay-cation' and have some family bonding time. Looks like a blast!
I thought they were moonpies. I wondered why you were lying moonpies on the sidewalk in such a symetrical pattern. I understand Spencer completely. He calls pumpkins mummies because they remind him of the joy he feels every time he looks at his mummy.
Post a Comment