Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Chrissy's Class Quilt Gift

Gordon's mom made Chrissy the cutest quilt for graduation! Gordon came into Chrissy's class and had her students each write a little note on some fabric. Then she worked her quilt-making magic and created this masterpiece. It will be such a great keepsake. This will definitely be a display quilt and not a cuddle quilt.
.
Here is Chrissy totally crying as she reads the cute messages from her students with Gordon's mom.

Papa Dix helps Chrissy to look at all of the sweet little notes.

Here is an arial shot of the entire quilt.

This is the centerpiece of the quilt so that when I get old and gray I can still remember the name of the school and the year I taught.

Invented spelling is a treasured gift.

I like how our eyes are closed in this one. So cute.

This little girl is a cute little dancer. She reminds me so much of my friend, Lindsay, when she was little.

2 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

That is a cute quilt Mrs. Dix. we are looking forward to seeing you guys on Tuesday before you leave.

Todd and Meagan said...

Congrats to both graduates! That is exciting about the new job. Hope the move goes well for you :)